All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $75.22
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.67
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $56.19
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.58
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $22.04
About this product
- DescriptionSeminar paper from the year 2014 in the subject Psychology - Social Psychology, language: English, abstract: As ted by Karmen (2013), media coverage has given victims with firsthand experiences a public platform to campaign for wider societal reforms. The Curleys was given national attention to their pain when their 10-year-old son, Jeffrey Curley, was murdered. However, media are in a profit-oriented business. While the media's coverage brought national attention to the horrific crime, at the same time the media benefited from the coverage as well. The media needs advertisers and readers. Jeffrey's murder provided just that. Shocking stories attract readers, listeners, and viewers, Karmen ted (p. 43). Blaring headlines, gripping accounts, colorful phrases, memorable quotes, and other forms of media hype build the huge audiences that enable media enterprises to charge advertisers high rates. Karmen went on to te that producers, editors, and reporters who seek to play up the human-interest angle may exploit the plight of persons who have suffered devastating wounds and losses, having found that crime stories attract a lot more tice if they are spiced up with a heavy dose of sex, gore, and raw emotions. As ted by Macquarrie (2009), the phone constantly rang. Reporters from all of the Boston media outlets asked for interviews, ted Macquarrie (p. 62) of the book entitled The Ride. The Curley's ordeal fits this mode. The media gathered outside the Curley's house when news broke about Jeffrey's disappearance. According to Macquarrie (p. 62), The news media's interest grew exponentially. Dozens of reporters had begun gathering outside the house by midafteron, local television trucks had secured the few remaining parking spaces near the home. Microphones and tebooks seemed to be everywhere, and Jeffrey Curley's name, as well as his Little League pictures, began appearing regularly on TV throughout Greater Boston.
- Author BiographyLouis Howell Jr was born in Newark NJ. Than his parent relocated to Orangeburg SC with Louis and his three siblings. After graduating from Orangeburg-Wilkinson High School, in Orangeburg SC. Louis worked in law enforcement for eight years. Shortly after getting out of law enforcement, he began working as a real estate investor. Louis graduated from Claflin University in Orangeburg SC with BA Degree in Sociology/Criminal Justice Administration and he received his Masters Degree in Criminal Justice from Boston University. Louis is married to the beautiful Tawana L Howell and have four beautiful children. Louis enjoys playing his Bass guitar, hes been playing the Bass guitar over thirty five years.
- Author(s)Louis Howell Jr
- PublisherGrin Verlag Gmbh
- Date of Publication02/03/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGrin Verlag Gmbh
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight60 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine1 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.