All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPraise for Violet's first adventure! 'Whitehorn's debut is pacey and imaginative and Becka Moor's illustrations a delight. Perfect for readers who liked the Ottoline books by Chris Riddell' Times 'Effortlessly gorgeous' Moontrug 'Young readers, particularly fans of Lauren Child, will be very taken with Violet and her world' Books for Keeps 'A great heroine, an intriguing mystery, and brilliant use of language...Hugely recommended' YAyeahyeah 'Sherlock better watch out, 'cos Violet's about!' Wondrous Reads Meet Violet Remy-Robinson, an amateur Sherlock Holmes in the making...Violet has spent her holidays exploring India with Godmother Celeste, including visiting Celeste's good friend the Maharajah and meeting his very special cockatoo. But when she returns home, Violet gets a surprise visit from the Maharajah's butler, asking her to look after the bird. Violet couldn't be more amazed (and her cat Pudding couldn't be less pleased...), but the cockatoo holds the key to the Maharajah's fortune, and someone is trying to bird-nap her! Can Violet discover who the culprit is before they succeed? With a beautiful hardback package complete with two colour illustrations throughout by emerging talent, Becka Moore, everyone is bound to fall in love with Violet and the colourful characters that make up her world. Perfect for fans of Dixie O'Day, Ottolineand Goth Girl.
- Author BiographyHarriet Whitehorn grew up in London, where she still lives with her husband and three daughters. She has studied at Reading University, the Architectural Association and The Victoria and Albert Museum and has always worked in building conservation. She currently works for English Heritage. Violet and the Pearl of the Orient is her first children's series. Becka Moor studied Illustration for Children's Publishing in the North of Wales at Glyndwr University. She has since moved back home to Manchester where she works under the strict supervision of two very mischievous cats, doodling away and drinking far too much coffee.
- PrizesShortlisted for Sainsbury's Children's Book Awards: Fiction for Age 5-9 Years 2016.
- Author(s)Harriet Whitehorn
- PublisherSimon & Schuster Ltd
- Date of Publication26/03/2015
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSimon & Schuster Ltd
- Content NoteB-W LINE
- Width126 mm
- Height178 mm
- Illustrator(s)Becka Moor
- Interest AgeFrom 7
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $26.75Trending at AU $27.54
- AU $69.00Trending at AU $71.27
- AU $25.33Trending at AU $28.27
- AU $31.38Trending at AU $33.57
- AU $12.37Trending at AU $13.00
- AU $48.45Trending at AU $49.18
- AU $11.33Trending at AU $13.39
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.