All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $168.00Trending at AU $174.65
- AU $64.99Trending at AU $70.91
- AU $10.36Trending at AU $12.77
- AU $23.67Trending at AU $25.41
- AU $34.18Trending at AU $36.92
- AU $31.75Trending at AU $37.28
- AU $28.90Trending at AU $35.37
About this product
- DescriptionA sinister, sparkling and exciting virtual-reality adventure from the best-selling science writer and velist Russell Stannard. 'I am proud to anunce that VirtuCorp is about to produce the very best of all possible worlds...we are about to create a world where all will be well - the perfect world. It will be the kind of world that God ought to have created - if he had done his job properly'. With these words, Dr Harsk, MD of the multinational corporation VirtuCorp, anunces the launch of their latest project - Virtutopia. Virtutopia is a new development in Inter Personal Virtual Reality. With the aid of a body sheath which harnesses and stimulates all the senses, anyone can create any world they chose - a world that can be fully experienced, right down to thoughts, feelings, colours, tastes and textures. Within Virtutopia, you can influence the fundamental laws of nature to discover what a world without pain would be like - or a world where evil is t allowed. Two children, Scott and Lucie, are chosen by VirtuCorp scientist Theodore Birkin to test out Virtutopia for themselves. But they quickly discover that worlds are rather more complicated to construct than they had ever imagined.
- Author BiographyRussell Stannard is Emeritus Professor of Physics at the Open University. He has travelled widely in Europe and the USA, researching high energy nuclear physics. He has received the Templeton UK project award and spent a year in America as a visiting fellow at the Center of Theological Theory, Princeton. He was awarded an OBE for services to physics and the popularisation of science. Married with four children of his own and three stepchildren, he vividly remembers the excitement of discovering Einstein's theories for the first time and he is dedicated to passing this inspiration on to new generations. The Time and Space of Uncle Albert was shortlisted for both the Science Award and the Whitbread Award, and his books have been translated into seventeen different languages.
- Author(s)Russell Stannard
- PublisherFaber & Faber
- Date of Publication06/05/2003
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFaber & Faber
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight117 g
- Width126 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Illustrator(s)Sam Hadley
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementMain
- Reading Age11+
- Interest Agefrom 9 to 11
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.