All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionHow does vision, attention and memory combine to allow for movement? This book explains it all. To interact with the environment, an individual must code, store and translate spatial information into the appropriate motor commands. Working from this premise, this new book discusses how visual perception, attention and memory are linked to the processes of movement. As a resource for motor control and motor learning researchers, students, educators and clinicians, this book offers comprehensive coverage of current literature on the visual control of goal-directed movement. The book also presents a systematic explication of the sensory and physiological processes and systems responsible for fast, accurate and efficient performance. Especially relevant to professionals and scientists concerned with skill instruction and rehabilitation, the final part of the text provides a review of recent research on how and why limb control changes occur with practice and development. In addition, the book considers how the research presented can maximise precision, efficiency and safety in workspace design. How does vision, attention and memory combine to allow for movement? This book explains it all.
- Author BiographyDigby Elliott is a professor of motor control and behavioural neuroscience in the School of Sport and Exercise Sciences at Liverpool John Moores University, Liverpool. Michael Khan, PhD, is a professor of motor control and learning and head of the School of Sport, Health, and Exercise Sciences at Bangor University.
- Author(s)Digby Elliott,Michael Khan
- PublisherHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Date of Publication01/04/2010
- SubjectGeneral Sport & Fitness Training
- Place of PublicationChampaign
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Content Note81 black & white illustrations, 9 black & white halftones
- Weight816 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 18 To 99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.