All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.42
- AU $27.81Trending at AU $30.93
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $26.96
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $32.03
- AU $71.17Trending at AU $80.38
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.78
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.13
About this product
- DescriptionYou have to kw the past to understand the present. - Carl Sagan WEHT (What Ever Happened To ...?) is about priors-people who ponder about people who were once in their lives. As they approached milestone birthdays-forty, fifty, and sixty-the authors, self-described priors, discovered that their reflections about people from their pasts intensified. They navigated the cyber world of search engines and social networking sites to find long lost friends and acquaintances who had been friends for a reason or for a season, and who had touched their lives in memorable ways. Along their cyber journeys, the authors encountered surprises and disappointments and inspirations to pursue new, exciting paths while gaining a profound understanding of the time and places of their past. Each renewed acquaintance became a gift that put into perspective the changes the authors had experienced from childhood to the present. But the greatest gift is kwing that the opportunity for self-discovery is just a click away when you ask, What Ever Happened To ...?
- Author BiographyMarilyn K. Simon started her teaching career as a high school mathematics educator in the inner-city of Chicago. She was a mathematics education ambassador to South Africa in 2000, and is the president of the board of directors of The Responsibility Project, which builds schools and hospitals for children who live in the Tijuana Municipal Dump. She was a visiting professor in Tonga where she conducted a leadership training seminar for Tongan youth. Marilyn has published several books on mathematics education, scholarly research, chaos theory, high stakes test-preparation, and online learning. Kimberly (Kim) D. Lowrey started her career as an international programmer analyst working in countries such as Australia, Singapore, England, and Germany. She has been researching and teaching research for the past two decades and publishing research articles and books. Her current research project is an ethnographic study on life satisfaction in Costa Rica and Sicily, with the goal of creating a working model to increase happiness for herself and her ever expanding social network. Toni M. Williams feels lucky that she found a challenging yet rewarding career as an editor in which she can read all day (and sometimes all night). She has spent most of her adult life proofreading and editing the works of other authors, and this is her first book. As a prior, Toni loves reconnecting with friends from her past and keeping in touch with friends and family. She hopes this book will lead to other successful virtual connections. Toni and her family live in Coronado, California.
- Author(s)Marilyn K. Simon
- PublisherBedazzled Ink Publishing Company
- Date of Publication24/09/2012
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationFairfield
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBedazzled Ink Publishing Company
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight226 g
- Width127 mm
- Height196 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.