All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDavid Mason walked across Australia because -one else had done it. He did it on is own with support crew. After his experiences in the French Foreign Legion it was at once a challenge and a way to reconnect with life, people and Australia. In taking on the challenge he sought to raise funds for the Fred Hollows Foundation. David sought to demonstrate that in taking on challenges we live, rather than taking the easy way out and instead, live lives of quiet desperation. David was the first person to walk across Australia at its widest point. In the course of that expedition he also was the first recorded person to walk solo east-west across the Simpson Desert and its 1100 dunes. For this achievement he was named Australia's Adventurer of the Year and awarded the Gold Medal of the Australian Geographic Society.
- Author BiographyDavid Mason works in the Department of Defence as a lawyer, is an Army Reserve Officer in the Australian Army Legal Corps, a Fellow of the Royal Geographical Society, and has served tours as a civilian adviser in Bougainville, three times in Iraq and as Legal Officer to Special Forces in Afghanistan. He is the only Australian to have served on operations as a Foreign Legionnaire, Defence Civilian, Private Contractor and as an ADF officer.
- Author(s)David Mason
- PublisherRosenberg Publishing
- Date of Publication01/05/2014
- SubjectTravel Writing
- Place of PublicationDural, NSW
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintRosenberg Publishing
- Content Note120 colour plates
- Weight460 g
- Width150 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.98
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $8.27
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $66.30Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.