All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis attractive booklet is a guide to two walks around the historic town of Sandwich, once one of the great ports of medieval England. As a Cinque port, it served successive monarchs as a military and naval base for their overseas expeditions and its trading activities extended far and wide. The town still displays signs of those prosperous centuries: an unchanged street plan, a virtually intact circuit of town walls and an exceptionally large number of well-preserved medieval houses. Two walks, clearly described with maps and copious photos, unlock the features of this fascinating town. The first is a walk through the historic streets to the heart of Sandwich, describing buildings of architectural te and points of historical interest. The second is a walk around the town walls taking in ramparts and fortifications, with views of the surrounding countryside.
- Author(s)Helen Clarke
- PublisherOxbow Books
- Date of Publication05/07/2011
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxbow Books
- Content Notecol photos throughout
- Weight68 g
- Width142 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine13 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.52Trending at AU $57.15
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $31.94Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.06
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.