All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the Disney Vaults! The early Donald Duck daily strips are collected for the first time ever! This second volume includes 750 sequential daily comic strips from 1940 to 1942 drawn by Al Taliaferro and written by Bob Karp, and reproduced from pristine original material in the Disney Vaults!
- Author BiographyBob Karp was born in Minneapolis, Minnesota in 1911. He moved west and joined his two older brothers at the Disney in 1937, where he worked on the Donald Ducknewspaper strip and other projects for 37 years. Charles Alfred Taliaferro was born in Montrose, Colorado on August 29, 1905 and moved with his family to Glendale, California in 1918. -I knew I was going to be a cartoonist, - he told interviewer Jim Korkis in 1968. -I've always believed that if you want anything bad enough and you work hard enough for it, eventually you'll get it.- In the middle of the Great Depression in 1931 he learned that the Walt Disney Studio had jobs available. -I went in and was hired on the spot: January 5, 1931, - he recalled. At first he inked Floyd Gottfredson's Mickey Mouse newspaper strip. He then went on to draw the Silly Symphonies Sunday page, where on September 16, 1934 he first drew Donald Duck, the character with whom he would become forever associated.
- Author(s)Bob Karp
- PublisherIdea & Design Works
- Date of Publication05/01/2016
- SubjectCartoons & Comic Strips
- Place of PublicationSan Diego
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIdea & Design Works
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1511 g
- Width211 mm
- Height285 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Artist(s)Al Taliaferro
- Interest AgeFrom 9
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.32
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.53
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.37
- AU $36.79Trending at AU $38.16
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.69
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.51
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.