Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.21
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.47
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $57.00
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.28
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the first full-length biography of the distinguished actor-manager Walter Hampden (1879-1955). Most of the sources are from hitherto unpublished documents in the Walter Hampden Collection of the Hampden-Booth Library at the Players Club and from the author's extensive interviews with Walter Hampden's son Paul. Born in Brooklyn, New York, Hampden began his career in England as an apprentice with the Frank Benson Company. He appeared prominently in the West End in London, returned home to America, and with his brilliant successes as Hamlet and Cyra on Broadway emerged as a major artist. He established his own theater in New York, and his career on stage lasted for more than half a century. Late in life he also became a prominent actor on radio, television, and films. This biography includes illustrations from all periods of his life and a chrology of his roles in all media. Geddeth Smith is an actor and a biographer of nineteenth-century actors.
- Author(s)Geddeth Smith
- PublisherAssociated University Presses
- Date of Publication15/12/2008
- SubjectBiography: The Arts
- Place of PublicationCranbury
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFairleigh Dickinson University Press,U.S.
- Content Note30 black-&-white illustrations
- Weight748 g
- Width163 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine28 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.