All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA practical guide to wastewater bacteria and the roles they perform in wastewater treatment Communicating material in a practical manner for operators and technicians who regulate and troubleshoot their wastewater treatment processes, Wastewater Bacteria discusses the effective control and proper operation of aerobic (activated sludge) and anaerobic (anaerobic digesters) biological treatment units to ensure that an adequate, active, and appropriate population of bacteria is present in each treatment unit. It is a hands-on guide to understanding the biology and biological conditions that occur at each treatment unit. Avoiding unnecessary technical jargon and chemical equations, Wastewater Bacteria, the fifth book in the Wastewater Microbiology Series, explores and explains: Bacteria and the wastewater environment Enzymes and sludge production Nitrogen, phosphorus, and sulfur bacteria Floc formation and filamentous organisms Nitrification and denitrification Sulfate reduction, fermentation, and methane production Toxicity Foam and malodor production The goal of Wastewater Bacteria is to enable plant operators to achieve the twofold basic objectives of wastewater treatment-to degrade organic wastes to a level where a significant, dissolved oxygen demand is t exerted upon receiving waters and to remove nutrients to levels where photosynthetic organisms in receiving waters are limited in their growth. This straightforward manual equips plant technicians to meet these objectives with essential information to understand the biological processes and organisms involved in wastewater treatment.
- Author BiographyMichael H. Gerardi holds an MS in biology from James Madison University and has authored more than ninety technical publications. He is responsible for the development and presentation of wastewater biology courses at The Pennsylvania State University and is an operational specialist with Cromaglass Corporation. Mr. Gerardi also is a wastewater biologist for Water Pollution Biology, where he provides troubleshooting of wastewater treatment plants and operator training. He can be reached at www.wastewaterbiology.com.
- Author(s)Michael H. Gerardi
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication23/05/2006
- SubjectCivil Engineering & Environmental Engineering
- Series TitleWastewater Microbiology
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight472 g
- Width182 mm
- Height252 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.03Trending at AU $32.24
- AU $35.79Trending at AU $43.06
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $15.65
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $33.71
- AU $43.40Trending at AU $47.24
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $35.84
- AU $42.71Trending at AU $48.90
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.