All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book unveils how the world in the twenty-first century will need to manage our most fundamental resource need, water. It outlines how stakeholders can improve water use in their homes, their businesses, and the world. In particular, it focuses on the role of stakeholders in crafting a twenty-first century paradigm for water. Investors t only drive invation through direct investment in new techlogies but also by highlighting risk and driving reporting and disclosure within the business community. Water Tech highlights the business drivers to address water related issues. These include business disruption, regulatory risk and reputational risk along with opportunities in the commercialization of invative techlogies such as desalination and water reuse and treatment. The authors argue that through increased attention on water scarcity through activities such as reporting and disclosure we are w accelerating invation in the water industry. They show how we are just w capturing the true cost and value of water and this is creating opportunities for investors in the water sector. The text takes the reader through key aspects of emerging invative techlogies along with case studies and key issues on the path to commercialization. A roadmap of the opportunities in the water sector is presented based on interviews with leading authorities in the water field including invators, investors, legal, regulatory experts and businesses.
- Author BiographyWill Sarni is an internationally recognized thought leader on water stewardship and sustainability strategies, and author of Corporate Water Strategies (Earthscan, 2011). Will works with some of the most recognized global brands in developing water stewardship strategies. He is a Board Member of the Rainforest Alliance has worked with several NGOs as an advisor on water-related programs. He is based in Denver, Colorado, USA. Tamin Pechet is CEO of Banyan Water, a private-equity funded company using information technology to reduce water costs and risks for large commercial and institutional customers. He is also Chairman and Co-Founder of Imagine H2O, a global non-profit organization spurring water entrepreneurship. He is based in San Francisco, California, USA.
- Author(s)Tamin Pechet,William Sarni
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication30/09/2013
- SubjectGeography & Earth Science: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEarthscan Ltd
- Content Note30 black & white illustrations
- Weight498 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.06
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
- AU $30.12Trending at AU $32.49
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.