Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $14.26Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $7.98Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by countryhouselibrary
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- Description* Did you kw that we use 70% more water today than we did 40 years ago? * Or that about 95% of water that gets delivered to our houses goes down the drain? * And that a garden hose can use almost as much water in an hour as an average family of four uses in one day? Our population is growing, our climate changing and our lifestyle demands more and more water. Quite simply, we are consuming too much. And with water usage at an all-time high, rationing is round the corner. But the good news is that there are numerous things we can do both at home and at work to reduce our consumption of water, save money and help the environment. This book lists 100 ways in which to do your bit. Tips range from simple measures, such as turning off the tap while you clean your teeth to more drastic ones, such as installing a rainwater harvesting system. Interspersed with Did you kw? facts and photographs throughout, this pocket guide will transform the way you use water.
- Author BiographyAfter working on various sailing yachts around the world for several years, including three transatlantic sailing crossings and a period in the merchant navy, Jon Clift settled ashore, becoming involved in teaching, sailing and outdoor pursuits. Following his first degree in education, he spent a period as Director of Outward Bound Wales and latterly ran his own sailing school in South Devon. Having always been concerned about environmental issues Jon decided to 'walk the talk' and took a Masters in Sustainable Environmental Management, working with a major water company for his dissertation. He now works as an environmental consultant, and still keeps his toes wet running sea survival courses. Jon lives in Salcombe, South Devon. Amanda Cuthbert started her working life in the theatre before becoming a founder member of Sky Television, writing, presenting and producing programmes. Sixteen years ago she left the TV life behind to run a small farm in Devon; having been concerned about environmental issues since childhood, she put her ideas into practice - growing organic vegetables, leaving fields unsprayed and raising sheep, pigs and hens organically. Author of The Dreamer's Guide to Running Holiday Accommodation (Breese Books) and co-author of The Briefcase and the Baby: A Nanny and Mother's Handbook (Mandarin) she now works as a writer and editor, and raises chickens and grows her veg in south Devon. Amanda and Jon have previously collaborated on other environmental subjects, and have written other titles in the Green Books Guides series: Water: Use Less Save More, Energy: Use Less Save More, Climate Change: Simple things you can do to make a difference, Greening Your Office: An A-Z Guide, How to be a Student and Not Destroy Planet Earth and How To Grow Your Food: A Guide for Complete Beginners.
- Author(s)Amanda Cuthbert,Jon Clift
- PublisherGreen Books
- Date of Publication16/05/2006
- SubjectEnvironment & Ecology: General Interest
- Series TitleGreen Books Guides
- Place of PublicationTotnes
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintGreen Books
- Content Notecolour illustrations throughout
- Width119 mm
- Height165 mm
- Spine6 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.83
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $21.72
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $33.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.