All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionWavelets continue to be powerful mathematical tools that can be used to solve problems for which the Fourier (spectral) method does t perform well or cant handle. This book is for engineers, applied mathematicians, and other scientists who want to learn about using wavelets to analyze, process, and synthesize images and signals. Applications are described in detail and there are step-by-step instructions about how to construct and apply wavelets. The only mathematically rigorous mograph written by a mathematician specifically for nspecialists, it describes the basic concepts of these mathematical techniques, outlines the procedures for using them, compares the performance of various approaches, and provides information for problem solving, putting the reader at the forefront of current research. New methods and important topics described in the book include the following:* Multidimensional and multifrequency wavelet transforms (including wavelet packets). This approach gives the user more flexibility in applying wavelets to study multidimensional data sets.* Spline wavelets with uniform or arbitrary kts on a bounded interval (with methods to construct these wavelets, their duals, as well as all decomposition and reconstruction matrices). This tool allows analysis and synthesis of discrete data on uniform or nuniform sample sites without any boundary effect.* Wavelets as a mathematical tool for waveform matching, signal segmentation, and time-frequency localization as well as effective implementation and fast computation.* Procedures to construct all the well-kwn wavelets and to find their corresponding filter sequences.* Detailed comparisons of the most popular wavelets and tables of values for evaluating their filtering performance.
- Author(s)Charles K. Chui
- PublisherSociety for Industrial & Applied Mathematics,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/01/1987
- SubjectComputing: General
- Series TitleMathematical Modeling and Computation
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSociety for Industrial & Applied Mathematics,U.S.
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight399 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.