All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis classic work on creating a garden was first published in 1956. We Made a Garden is the story of how Margery Fish, the leading gardener of the 1960s, and her husband Walter transformed an acre of wilderness into a stunning cottage garden, still open to the public at East Lambrook Mar, Somerset, England. A quirky classic, this book details her creation of a landmark cottage garden, as well as her battles with her husband in the process, who preferred the standard suburban approach. In this beautiful and timeless work, she recounts the trails and tribulations, successes and failures, of her venture with ease and humour. Topics covered are colourful and diverse, ranging from the most suitable hyssop for the terraced garden through composting, hedges, making paths to the best time to lift and replant tulip bulbs. Her good sense, practical kwledge and imaginative ideas will encourage and inspire gardeners everywhere. It has been hailed as everything from a blueprint for the creation of a modern cottage garden to a feminist manifesto.
- Author BiographyThe late Margery Fish was one of Britain's leading gardeners. She was a regular contributor to Amateur Gardening and The Field, and has written six other gardening books. Many thousands of visitors come to East Lambrook Manor, her Somerset garden, which is maintained very much as it was during her lifetime.
- Author(s)Margery Fish
- PublisherPavilion Books
- Date of Publication12/05/2016
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBatsford Ltd
- Weight340 g
- Width136 mm
- Height192 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.