All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOn 4 July 1942, American airmen flew in US-built bombers against a German target for the first time. It was a small operation involving six US crews in Boston medium bombers, but was netheless a harbinger of things to come. The first heavy bombardment group of B-17s had crossed the Atlantic in June 1942, ather arriving by 1 August, marking the first steps in the massive build-up of B-17s and B-24s that would be based in Britain as part of the Eighth Air Force. This book, illustrated with both black-and-white and period colour pictures, tells the story of US Eighth Air Force operations in the words of the men who flew on them, from that initial raid over the Netherlands and the first attack by the Fortresses on Rouen to the opening mission against Germany itself and the famous B-24 raid against the Romanian oilfields at Ploesti.
- Author BiographyMartin W. Bowman is one of Britain's leading aviation authors, with over 100 published books on the Second World War and post-war aviation history, and several on the landscape of East Anglia. He has also established an international reputation for his superb imagery and aerial photography. He has a passion for flying in military aircraft. He lives in Norwich, Norfolk.
- Author(s)Martin W. Bowman
- PublisherAmberley Publishing
- Date of Publication15/01/2016
- SubjectMilitary History
- Series TitleWe Were Eagles
- Series Part/Volume Number1
- Place of PublicationChalford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAmberley Publishing
- Content Note45
- Weight295 g
- Width124 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.69Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.08
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.