All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.09
- AU $32.48Trending at AU $38.03
- AU $28.53Trending at AU $29.47
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.57
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $39.95
- AU $11.25Trending at AU $14.82
- AU $25.62Trending at AU $32.82
About this product
- DescriptionWhat Comes Down To Us features twenty-five of Kentucky's most accomplished contemporary poets. Together they serve to illustrate the diversity and richness of poetry being written today in the Commonwealth. The poems were collected by Jeff Worley, a poet who has lived in Kentucky for more than two decades. Although the subject matter of the poems transcends the state's borders, the collection communicates a strong sense of Kentucky as a place. Worley's introduction places contemporary Kentucky poetry in the context of the state's rich literary tradition, and the poet biographies include their reflections and, often, their poetic approach and technique.
- Author BiographyJeff Worley is the author of three collections of poetry including The Only Time There Is, which won the Mid-List Press first-book competition in 1995, A Simple Human Motion, and Happy Hour at the Two Keys Tavern, which was named 2006 Kentucky Book of the Year in poetry. His poems have been published widely, and he won the Atlanta Review 2002 grand prize for the poem, His Funeral. Worley has served as editor of Odyssey magazine since 1997.
- PublisherThe University Press of Kentucky
- Date of Publication15/11/2009
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationLexington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe University Press of Kentucky
- Content Note25 photos
- Weight435 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byJeff Worley
- Foreword byEd McClanahan
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.