What is it About Me You Can't Teach?: Culturally Responsive Instruction in Deeper Learning Classrooms by James A. Bellanca, Deborah Rosalia Esparza, Eleanor Renee Rodriguez (Paperback, 2016)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $62.42+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $53.93+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.04
- AU $28.71Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.83
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.68
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.35
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $17.94
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.21
About this product
- DescriptionBuild every student's ability and opportunity to achieve! We've all heard the stories of extraordinary teachers that reach struggling students and set them on a new path. Now in its third edition, this powerful book features timely new content from invative schools and teachers, showing how to raise student achievement by upholding high expectations, while teaching with cultural responsiveness. The authors are guided by one fundamental principle: Every child has a birthright to an equitable education, one that prepares him or her for 21st century career and college readiness. This guide illuminates how to * Lead all students to deeper learning, grounded in critical thinking, creative problem solving, communication, collaboration-and the 5th C, cultural awareness * Support the latest standards for college and career readiness and English Language Proficiency/Development * Incorporate techlogy into teaching and learning in invative ways, adaptable to varying resource levels. * Use today's current brain research to help students' reach their full cognitive potential * Implement lesson plans designed for elementary, middle, and secondary levels that support individualized, project-based learning, developed through a lens of cultural responsiveness Turn to the resource that has helped thousands of educators teach successfully in today's diverse K-12 classrooms, and discover new strategies that will empower you and your students. The authors are passionate advocates for all learners and the latest edition of this book provides a thoughtful, practical, and engaging exploration of how to ensure every learner's experience is one that thrives on the 5Cs and makes 21st century learning come alive. Tatyana Warrick, Communications Manager, P21, The Partnership for 21st Century Learning
- Author BiographyEleanor Renee Rodriguez, PhD, a professional developer with Rodriguez and Associates, has provided consulting services and training to school districts, national associations, and state departments in 48 of 50 states and abroad. Her concentration is on research-based teaching and leadership strategies. She has served in positions from substitute teacher to superintendent, with assign-ments that included preK through adult education and with an emphasis on meeting the needs of students with special needs. In addition, she has directed, reviewed, and evaluated seminars and institutes for the American Association of School Administrators. Her mission is to eliminate the achievement gap and to help educators believe, behave, and achieve so all truly means all. James Bellanca is a life-long advocate for the principles and practices created by Reuven Feuerstein. As a Senior Fellow for the Partnership for 21st Century Learning, he created and edits the innovative P21Blogazine. He is the editor of a series of 21st Century Deeper Learning collections, has authored more than a dozen how-to books aimed to infuse critical and creative thinking across the curriculum and is President of the Illinois Consortium for 21st Century Schools. Deborah Rosalea Esparza is a retired teacher, principal and district administrator. In her years as practicing school leader, Deborah advocated for culturally responsive instruction for all students in a 21st Century Learning framework. As an Area Education Officer in Chicago she guided her schools in the implementation of Feuerstein's Instrumental Enrichment program even as her district lead the city in high achievement scores. Currently, she is Executive Director of the Illinois Consortium and is leading an all-district implementation of the MindQuest21 transformation model throughout the districts' schools.
- Author(s)Deborah Rosalia Esparza,Eleanor Renee Rodriguez,James A. Bellanca
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication19/07/2016
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorwin Press Inc
- Weight885 g
- Width215 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.