Best-selling in Cook Books
Save on Cook Books
- AU $19.38Trending at AU $21.32
- AU $41.05Trending at AU $44.93
- AU $22.23Trending at AU $30.28
- AU $5.75Trending at AU $9.19
- AU $33.93Trending at AU $35.58
- AU $13.64Trending at AU $14.15
- AU $27.94Trending at AU $28.45
About this product
- DescriptionLooking for future employment as a postdoc? Or desperately looking for the perfect present for a chemist friend? Maybe you simply enjoy cooking and reading about current developments in chemistry research? The first Who's Who in organic chemistry to show what top scientists like to cook - on the bench and on the stove - and how they have made their way. Use K. C. Nicolaou's recipe for fish and chips and read about his scientific work while preparing the meal that helped him finance his studies back in England. Containing more than 50 personal recipes and anecdotes from leading organic chemists, such as Lonely soup (Evans), Wild boar - Tuscan way (Waldmann), and Dulce de Leche (Vollhardt), accompanied by biographies and sketches of their current work, this is an exquisite delicacy for anybody who likes cooking, eating and chemistry.
- Author BiographyOn occasion of the 60th birthday of Professor Lutz Friedjan Tietze his coworkers in the Institute of Organic and Biomolecular Chemistry at the University of Gottingen dedicated this cookbook to him. It collects the favorite recipes of more than fifty well-known chemists.
- PublisherWiley-VCH Verlag GmbH
- Date of Publication13/05/2009
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Series TitleErlebnis Wissenschaft
- Place of PublicationWeinheim
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintWiley-VCH Verlag GmbH
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, diagrams
- Weight488 g
- Width172 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byCarlos E. Guntner,Hubertus P. Bell,Jan Klaas Lohmann,Soren Holsken,Tim Feuerstein
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.