All listings for this product
About this product
- Description<b>Winner of the 2010 John Newbery Medal<i>Four mysterious letters change Miranda s world forever.By sixth grade, Miranda and her best friend, Sal, kw how to navigate their New York City neighborhood. They kw where it s safe to go, like the local grocery store, and they kw whom to avoid, like the crazy guy on the corner. But things start to unravel. Sal gets punched by a new kid for what seems like reason, and he shuts Miranda out of his life. The apartment key that Miranda s mom keeps hidden for emergencies is stolen. And then Miranda finds a mysterious te scrawled on a tiny slip of paper: <i> I am coming to save your friend s life, and my own. I must ask two favors. First, you must write me a letter. The tes keep coming, and Miranda slowly realizes that whoever is leaving them kws all about her, including things that have t even happened yet. Each message brings her closer to believing that only she can prevent a tragic death. Until the final te makes her think she s too late.
- Author BiographyRebecca Stead is the author of <i>First Light</i>. She lives in Manhattan with her husband and their two sons.
- Author(s)Rebecca Stead
- PublisherBantam Doubleday Dell Publishing Group Inc
- Date of Publication01/07/2009
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintImage Books
- Weight318 g
- Width142 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound,Paper over boards,With dust jacket
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $63.56Trending at AU $65.17
- AU $79.36Trending at AU $80.64
- AU $62.47Trending at AU $71.31
- AU $60.00Trending at AU $71.19
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $71.74
- AU $30.93Trending at AU $31.73
- AU $28.87Trending at AU $31.73
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.