All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.34Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.30
About this product
- DescriptionWritten in the authoritative and narrative-driven style that made his books The Ascent of George Washington and Jefferson and Hamilton critical and commercial successes, John Ferling's Whirlwind will become the definitive history of the American Revolution for our time. A master historian and superb teller of history, Ferling illuminates the years 1763 to 1783--from the end of the French and Indian War that left England triumphant in North America to the signing of the Treaty of Paris in September 1783 and the final departure of British troops from New York City in November of that year. Ferling is as astute at analyzing the causes and politics of the American Revolution as he is skilled at narrating the battles of the Revolutionary War. With original insight, he chronicles the myriad and complex events and contentious viewpoints that drove Americans in their insurgency against Great Britain and sustained them in the seemingly quixotic belief that they could win their independence. He takes us to the halls of power in Parliament and the streets of London to view the Revolution from all British perspectives. He presents the individual battles, from Lexington and Concord to Yorktown, in a fresh and dramatic new light. With a wide scope and penetrating insight, embracing characters both celebrated and unkwn, John Ferling brings the most important event in America's history to a new generation of American readers.
- Author BiographyJohn Ferling is professor emeritus of history at the University of West Georgia. He is the author of many books on American Revolutionary history, including The Ascent of George Washington; Almost a Miracle, an acclaimed military history of the War of Independence; and the award-winning A Leap in the Dark. His most recent book on American history is Jefferson and Hamilton: The Rivalry That Forged a Nation. He and his wife, Carol, live near Atlanta.
- Author(s)John Ferling
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing Plc
- Date of Publication14/07/2016
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBloomsbury Publishing Plc
- Out-of-print date07/03/2017
- Content Note1 x 16pp colour plate
- Weight544 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine30 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.