All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhy do I have to go to school before the show that I am watching is over? Why do I have to wear shoes and a jacket when I go outside? Rules like these can be really frustrating - but they don't have to be! Why do I have to? looks at a set of everyday situations that provide challenges for children at home, with their friends, and at school. Laurie Leventhal-Belfer empathizes with children's wish to do things their way, explains clearly why their way does t work, and provides a list of practical suggestions for how to cope with these challenges and avoid feelings of frustration. This is the ideal book for children who have difficulty coping with the expectations of daily living, as well as for their parents and the professionals who work with them.
- Author BiographyLaurie Leventhal Belfer is a practicing clinical psychologist. She is the founder and director of The Friends Program, a therapeutic group program for young children with Asperger's Disorder and their families. She is also a member of the Adjunct Clinical Faculty in the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, The Division of Child Psychiatry, Stanford University. She co-authored Asperger's Syndrome in Young Children, A Developmental Guide for Parents and Professionals , also published by Jessica Kingsley Publishers. Luisa Montaini-Klovdahl is a licensed clinical psychologist in private practice who is privileged to work with children and their families. She has worked with Laurie in The Friends Program for nearly a decade.
- Author(s)Laurie Leventhal-Belfer
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication15/07/2008
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Content Note49 illustrations
- Weight163 g
- Width173 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Illustrator(s)Luisa Montaini-Klovdahl
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $115.99Trending at AU $139.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.00
- AU $68.62Trending at AU $90.31
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $34.88
- AU $37.70Trending at AU $38.16
- AU $17.82Trending at AU $19.81
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.