Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.35
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $89.13Trending at AU $104.01
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.87
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.50
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.75
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $13.49
About this product
- DescriptionEffie Gillis is a history professor teaching at a major university. She is also a survivor - of a troubled childhood, two failed marriages and numerous relationships which, for the most part, ended badly. Now, out of her past, arrives a man who is familiar and yet mysterious; mature, wise, and full of youthful energy. His presence is a reassurance, but he also carries with him an aura that is menacing. Slowly she becomes dependent on a relationship that's rich in truth and promise - but doomed by the lie that gave it life. Drawing on both mir and major characters from his two previous vels, The Long Stretch and The Bishop's Man, Why Men Lie is a story of longing, love and loss in middle age.
- Author BiographyLinden MacIntyre is one of Canada's most distinguished broadcast journalists. He has been involved in the production of documentaries and stories from all over the world. He is the author of four previous books, including his first novel, The Long Stretch, and a childhood memoir, Causeway, both of which were critically acclaimed; the latter won The Edna Staebler Award for Creative Non-Fiction in 2007. His most recent novel, The Bishop's Man, was awarded the 2009 Scotiabank Giller Prize, and two Libris Awards. It was also longlisted for the Dublin IMPAC Prize. MacIntyre was born in St Lawrence, Newfoundland, and grew up in Port Hastings, Cape Breton. He now lives in Toronto.
- Author(s)Linden MacIntyre
- Date of Publication05/09/2013
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight274 g
- Width128 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.