All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.52
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.39
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.81
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.14
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.09
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.44
About this product
- DescriptionWilliam Nicholson (1872-1949) is among the most admired and elusive painters in the history of British art. In the first four decades of the 20th century, Nicholson explored the genres of portraiture, landscape, and still life with exceptional inventiveness, wit, and technical skill. His distinctive paintings were neither academic r modernist, and his aversion to art groups and his reluctance to make public prouncements about art have made it difficult to place his work within the main narratives of 20th-century art history. The breadth of Nicholson's works in oil is revealed for the first time in this lavishly illustrated catalogue raisonne. Author and scholar Patricia Reed offers detailed entries for each of Nicholson's oil paintings, along with a comprehensive chrology of his life. The art historian Wendy Baron gives a context for Nicholson in British art at the beginning of the 20th century, and the painter and critic Merlin James celebrates the virtuosity and subtlety of Nicholson's painting technique. This magnificent and substantial catalogue brings to the fore Nicholson's vast achievement in oils.
- Author BiographyPatricia Reed is an independent art historian and the principal scholar on the oil paintings of William Nicholson.
- Author(s)Patricia Reed
- PublisherYale University Press
- Date of Publication20/09/2011
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationNew Haven
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYale University Press
- Content Note90 black-&-white illustrations + 640 colour reproductions
- Weight3742 g
- Width264 mm
- Height284 mm
- Spine45 mm
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.