Women Under the Influence by National Center on Addiction and Substance Abuse at Columbia University (Paperback, 2006)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $20.93+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $73.98
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.37
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.79
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.13
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.04
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.80
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.02
About this product
- DescriptionThis comprehensive and accessible book documents the physical and emotional effects of substance abuse in girls and women, explores the role of the advertising and entertainment industries in popularizing various substances of abuse, and discusses the way America responds to this ermous health problem. Covering a broad range of substances-nicotine, alcohol, prescription and illicit drugs-the book addresses the unique reasons that girls and women smoke and abuse alcohol and drugs. It provides the most current information about the use of prescription and club drugs, key warning signs of addiction, and options for prevention and treatment. The book includes historical anecdotes and testimonies from recovering women. Incorporating more than a decade of extensive research, Women under the Influence will help women, health care professionals, educators, and policy makers understand the scope of substance abuse in girls and women, the urgency of responding to the problem, the key points of intervention, and potential roads to recovery.
- Author BiographyThe National Center on Addiction and Substance Abuse (CASA) at Columbia University was founded in 1992 by Joseph A. Califano, Jr., who served as President Lyndon Johnson's chief assistant for domestic affairs and as Secretary of Health, Education, and Welfare under President Jimmy Carter. CASA is a research and policy organization dedicated to combating substance abuse, bringing together the professional disciplines necessary to study and combat abuse of all substances-alcohol, tobacco, and illegal, prescription, and performance-enhancing drugs-in all sectors of society.
- Author(s)National Center on Addiction and Substance Abuse at Columbia University
- PublisherJohns Hopkins University Press
- Date of Publication17/01/2006
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationBaltimore, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohns Hopkins University Press
- Content Note6, 3 black & white halftones, 3 black & white line drawings
- Weight431 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Foreword byJoseph A. Califano
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Interest AgeFrom 13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.