All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.79
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $20.47Trending at AU $21.78
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
- AU $30.45Trending at AU $51.50
About this product
- Description'Women and Reiki' is the first ethgraphic study of Reiki and energetic healing in Britain. The book argues that if we are to build an accurate and comprehensive picture of healing we must examine the role of gender, representation and power. Although women healers predominate at the grass roots level these factors have been largely igred in academic studies of New Age and alternative spiritualities. The ackwledgement of women's power in these studies is to be found somewhere between male-dominated biomedical approaches to health and apparently more egalitarian holistic discourse and practice. Using the work of theorists such as Michel Foucault and Meredith McGuire, the book shows that women healers are using Reiki and other healing spiritualities to actively engage in a politics of reclamation.
- Author BiographyJudith MacPherson is an independent researcher. She has lectured on healing, women and power at the University of Stirling, UK and has held a position as an Associate Lecturer at The Open University, UK.
- Author(s)Judith MacPherson
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication15/10/2007
- SubjectGender Studies / Gay & Lesbian Studies
- Series TitleGender, Theology & Spirituality
- Place of PublicationSheffield
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEquinox Publishing Ltd
- Content Note10 illustrations
- Weight362 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.