All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAcross the entire Midwest, woodlands have been cleared to make way for farmlands and pastures, highways, mining activities, suburban sprawl, and industrial expansion; this largescale destruction has caused a dramatic decline in the diversity and stability of our original forest communities. While the widespread loss of wooded areas is tragic, it is still possible to discover hidden treasures in the remnants. To assist your exploration and enjoyment of the woodlands, artist and botanist Mark Muller has provided common and scientific names, blooming dates, heights, and color illustrations for fiftynine common native midwestern species. As with all wild plants, these woodland species should t be disturbed; they will t transplant and are often so sensitive that even picking their flowers may kill them. Enjoy your outdoor experiences, but please respect the woodlands and their inhabitants.
- Author BiographyIllustrator Mark Muller has sketched and photographed the natural world from Alaska to Antarctica. He is currently a freelance illustrator living on a farmstead near Iowa City. His work includes Prairie in Your Pocket: A Guide to Plants of the Tallgrass Prairie (Iowa, 2000), An Illustrated Guide to Iowa Prairie Plants (Iowa, 1999), and numerous posters and pamphlets for the Iowa Department of Transportation.
- PublisherUniversity of Iowa Press
- Date of Publication31/05/2002
- SubjectNatural History: Plants
- Series TitleBur Oak Original S.
- Place of PublicationIowa
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Iowa Press
- Content Note59 colour drawings
- Weight68 g
- Width108 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Illustrator(s)Mark Muller
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
- AU $21.88Trending at AU $34.44
- AU $30.12Trending at AU $32.49
- AU $20.37Trending at AU $22.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.