All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $30.86Trending at AU $31.45
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.84Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $51.27
About this product
- DescriptionWordPress on Demand will cover both WordPress.com and WordPress.org in a visual, step-by-step format. In addition to offering detailed guidance on how to complete dozens of common WordPress tasks, this book will provide real-world advice and suggestions on how to save time, avoid frustration, and create a high-quality, well-designed site that attracts an audience and achieves results. WordPress on Demand will be based on WordPress version 3.5.1. In this book, readers will learn how to: * Decide between hosted WordPress.com and self-hosted WordPress (WordPress.org) * Choose the right domain name and web host * Set up a WordPress website in minutes * Configure WordPress settings that control privacy, search engine visibility, and more * Choose, install, and customize themes * Create, format, and manage pages and posts * Add media files including images, audio, video, and documents * Choose, install, and customize sidebar widgets * Choose, install, and configure self-hosted WordPress plugins * Add and manage custom menus * Make the most of WordPress.com free and premium features * Create and manage a site with multiple users * Manage user comments and comment spam * Import, export, and back up WordPress sites * Design a site that works on mobile devices Bonus content includes: * Workshops that show readers how to enhance their feeds, create a private WordPress site, optimize their site for search engines, and more * Shortcuts, advice, and cautions to save time and frustration * Design tips to help readers create a high-quality site even if they have design background * Recommended plugins and themes
- Author BiographyPatrice-Anne Rutledge is a business technology author, journalist, and long-time WordPress user who specializes in teaching others to maximize the power of new technologies. She is also the author of numerous other books for Pearson Education, including Sams Teach Yourself LinkedIn in 10 Minutes, Sams Teach Yourself Google+ in 10 Minutes, Using Facebook, The Truth About Profiting from Social Networking, and PowerPoint 2013 Absolute Beginner's Guide. You can reach Patrice through her website at www.patricerutledge.com.
- Author(s)Patrice-Anne Rutledge
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication15/05/2013
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintQue Corporation,U.S.
- Content Notecolour illustrations,strationsstrations
- Weight570 g
- Width188 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.