Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.82
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
About this product
- DescriptionThe book introduces students to the importance of translation and answers various questions in the process: How should students approach the complexities of linguistic transfer both literary and n-literary? How much history of translation should they kw? Given the power of European theorists and the uncounted wealth of Indian poetics how much theory should they learn? How might they engage in the joy of creating their own translations and discussing them with others? Designed to encourage interactivity in the classroom, this book follows a self-instructional format combined with experiential learning principles. It is an attempt to open a door to the interdisciplinary zone of translation to both teachers and students through bilingual presentations of poetry in Kannada; in Tamil, both ancient and contemporary, including Dalit verse; fiction from Bengali and Tamil; and an excerpt from a play in Hindi.
- Author BiographyV. Bharathi Harishankar is an Associate Professor of English at the Institute of Distance Education, University of Madras. Mini Krishnan has been actively involved in educational publishing for two decades and currently edits translations for OUP. She was the founding editor of the South Asia Website for Women Writers hosted by the British Council and the series editor of the Modern Indian Novels in Translation project. Sumathi Shivakumar is an Assistant Professor of English at A.M. Jain College, Chennai.
- Author(s)Mini Krishnan,Sumathi Shivakumar,V.Bharathi Harishankar
- PublisherOUP India
- Date of Publication25/07/2013
- Place of PublicationNew Delhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintOUP India
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight274 g
- Width184 mm
- Height243 mm
- Spine8 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.