All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWorking with Young Children introduces you to the field of early childhood education. The text begins by helping readers better understand young children and then progresses into developing guidance skills. Child development principles are applied to child care settings. You will also learn how to handle specific concerns related to infants, toddlers, school-age children, and children with special needs. All information needed to successfully earn the Child Development Associate (CDA) Credential(TM) is included. Readers prepare for the workplace by learning about licensing rules and regulations, different career paths, and safety considerations. Core values and principles from the NAEYC's Code of Ethical Conduct and Statement of Commitment are highlighted in their own appendix.
- Author BiographyJudy Herr's intense dedication to early childhood education includes over 40 years of experience in the field. Judy previously supervised and administered seven children's programs at the University of Wisconsin-Stout. She also served as the early childhood program director and Associate Dean of the College of Human Development. Judy has published numerous books, manuals, and articles on early childhood education. Her articles have been printed in such noted journals as Young Children, Journal of Family and Consumer Sciences, Early Childhood News, and Texas Child Care Quarterly. Working with Young Children has been published in Spanish, Chinese, and Arabic. Judy has been a guest speaker at local, regional, national, and international conferences. She was invited to Pai Chi University in Korea as the Distinguished Invitational International Scholar. She has participated in the prestigious Management Development Program at Harvard University. She is active in professional associations including the National Association for the Education of Young Children. Judy has received many awards, including the Shirley Dean Award for Distinguished Service to the Midwestern Association for the Education of Young Children. She was also named a Dahlgren Professor. In 2006, Judy received the Outstanding Teaching Award at the University of Wisconsin-Stout. In 2009, the University of Wisconsin-Stout awarded Judy the prestigious James Huff Stout Award for outstanding achievement. The award recognized her for being a national and international educator; prominent leader in early childhood education; notable, prolifi c author; and esteemed researcher.
- Author(s)Judy Herr Ed D
- PublisherGoodheart-Wilcox Publisher
- Date of Publication16/04/2015
- SubjectMarriage, Family & Other Relationships
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGoodheart-Wilcox Publisher
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1882 g
- Width218 mm
- Height277 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
- Edition Statement8th Eighth Edition, Textbook ed.
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.06
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $23.77
- AU $30.78Trending at AU $34.76
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.89
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.12
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.23
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $36.36
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.