All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
About this product
- DescriptionThe World Culture series of 12 books on individual countries gives the reader a taste of cultures that have existed in more remote areas for hundreds of years. They remain fascinating to understand. Adventure travel is t necessarily dangerous, but it requires some research and clear thinking about the culture, what survival means to those within it, and the implications for those who observe it and apply its lessons to the modern world. The observations shared will tempt the reader to visit other places completely different from their familiar routine, whether vicariously through Jackie's reporting in her books or perhaps as a detour from the reader's next trip. Each image tells a story and deserves more than a casual glance, for the challenges of living without modern conveniences have many implications for these fascinating cultures. The stories range from the sophisticated religious practices in Bali to the survival skills in remote areas of Africa.
- Author BiographyJackie Chase, a resident of Florida, released four books in early 2014, garnering 12 book competition awards in the Adult Travel or Children's Non-Fiction category. As a mom of four children, she has traveled in over 100 countries, either alone or with family, recording her observations with pen and camera. The reader imagines being on her shoulder, living behind her lens, and feeling the joys and fears of an unknown world around the next bend. She is an advocate of meeting new people and encouraging understanding of cultures unlike our own. She is a member of the Florida Writer's Association (FWA).
- Author(s)Jackie Chase
- Date of Publication16/09/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectTravel Writing
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight113 g
- Width147 mm
- Height224 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.