All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis intelligent, informative, and thought-provoking volume examines the teachings of the world's major religions, and goes on to show how they can continue to exist in a post-modern world, and the implications their differences - and more importantly - common features have had, and will continue to have in a post-modern world. World Religions in a Post-Modern World comprises four sections. The first presents an introduction to religion as a whole and discusses how religious traditions and beliefs differ from metaphysics. Section two presents interpretations of Eastern religions such as Hinduism, Buddhism, and Zen. The third section deals with Middle Eastern and Western religions like Judaism, Islam, and Christianity. The volume then concludes by presenting a vision for religious freedom in the Post-Modern Age.
- Author BiographyHenry Ruf is Adjunct Professor of English and Philosophy at Florida Atlantic University, and Professor Emeritus of Philosophy at West Virginia University.
- Author(s)Henry Ruf
- PublisherParagon House Publishers
- Date of Publication01/04/2007
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintParagon House Publishers
- Weight463 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine19 mm
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.54
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.40
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.95
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $79.84
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.15
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.10
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.45
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.