All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLearn the ten keys to effective writing instruction! In this dynamic book, bestselling author Lori G. Wilfong takes you through today's best practices for teaching writing and how to implement them in the classroom. She also points out practices that should be avoided, helping you figure out how to update your teaching so that all students can reach success. You'll discover how to...* Make sure students have eugh work in a genre before you assign writing * Develop thoughtful, short writing prompts that are infinite and t finite * Have students read and learn from master authors in the genre they are writing * Create a writing community so that writing is t an isolated activity * Use anchor charts and minilessons, along with rubrics and checklists * Implement revising strategies, t just editing strategies, taught in context * Use conferencing to grow students as thoughtful, reflective writers * Let narratives be personal and creative, focusing on details and imagery * Let informational writing explore a topic creatively and in depth * Let argument writing be situated in real-world application and t be limited to one-sided, what-if debates Every chapter begins with an engaging scenario, includes the why behind the practice and how it connects to the Common Core, and clearly describes how implement the strategy. The book also contains tons of handy templates that you can reproduce and use in your own classroom. You can photocopy these templates or download them from our website at http://www.routledge.com/books/details/9781138812444.
- Author BiographyLori G. Wilfong is a former middle school language arts teacher, current Associate Professor in Middle Childhood Education at Kent State University, frequent conference presenter, and forever supporter of teachers working to weave literacy into their classrooms.
- Author(s)Lori G. Wilfong
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication21/05/2015
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note32 black & white tables
- Weight430 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $73.98
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.37
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.79
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.13
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.04
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.80
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.02
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.