All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.38
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.71
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.52
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.01
About this product
- DescriptionXING is about fraught crossings: East versus West, doubt versus belief, conformity versus individuality, the external world versus the internal one. These haunting, startling poems re-cast the world as we think we kw it into playfully offbeat and idiosyncratic new molds. Using an array of idiosyncratic voices an answering machine, a Sixties sanitation worker, a post-war refugee, a marionette, and the head and body of a mannequin, to name just a few Kuan reinvents the speaker's voice as an entity that is unfixed, fragmented, peripatetic, and endlessly pleasurable to hear.
- Author BiographyDEBORA KUAN is the recipient of a Fulbright media arts scholarship (Taiwan), University of Iowa Graduate Merit Fellowship, and a Santa Fe Art Institute writer's residency. She has also written about contemporary art for Artforum, Art in America, and elsewhere.
- Author(s)Debora Kuan
- PublisherUniversity Press of New England
- Date of Publication15/11/2011
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationPhiladelphia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSaturnalia Books
- Weight120 g
- Width193 mm
- Height113 mm
- Spine7 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.