All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.37
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
About this product
- DescriptionThe book food lovers with diabetes have been waiting for: a through-the-menu collection of 250 dishes to meet any craving, from hot and spicy to sweet and sour, from creamy to crunchy, from pastas to dessert. Written by Tom Valenti, one of America's Ten Best Chefs (<i>Food & Wine</i>) and a clairvoyant in the kitchen (Ruth Reichl, <i>The New York Times</i>)--<i>and</i> a diabetic--<i>You Don't Have To Be Diabetic To Love This Cookbook</i> is filled with recipes so delicious, so imaginative, so varied and enticing that it will turn the burden of following a diabetic regimen into a celebration of food. In fact, this is food for everyone in the family to sit down and enjoy, with penalty to the n-diabetics. Valenti employs invations and techniques that are a signature of his cuisine--acid to brighten flavors, unexpected combinations of texture and temperature, turkey bacon as a foundation ingredient to add a haunting smoky-salty quality--and he never resorts to imitation products. Recipes include Asparagus and Mushroom Risotto; Chicken Chaat; Filet Mign with Black and Green Peppercorn Sauce; Snapper Piccata; Grilled Duck Breast Paillard with Orange, Onion, and Mint; Lamb Sausage with Warm Potato Salad; Shrimp and Tomato Ravioli; Goat Cheese Cake; Banana Mousse; Miniature Pumpkin Pies. Real flavors, real food, and finally, real pleasure, for America's 23.6 million diabetics.
- PublisherWorkman Publishing
- Date of Publication01/06/2009
- SubjectHealth, Dieting & Wholefood Cookery
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWorkman Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour illustrations
- Weight984 g
- Width205 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound,Paper over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.