All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn exhilarating thrill-ride through the underbelly of cyber espionage in the vein of David Ignatius's The Director and the television series Leverage, CSI: Cyber, and Person of Interest, which follows five icoclastic hackers who are coerced into serving the U.S. government. An Anymous-style rabble rouser, an Arab spring hactivist, a black-hat hacker, an old-school cipherpunk, and an online troll are each offered a choice: go to prison or help protect the United States, putting their brains and skills to work for the government for one year. But being a white-hat doesn't always mean you work for the good guys. The would-be cyberspies discover that behind the scenes lurks a sinister NSA program, an artificial intelligence code-named Typhon, that has origins and an evolution both dangerous and disturbing. And if it's t brought down, will soon be uncontrollable. Can the hackers escape their federal watchers and confront Typhon and its mysterious creator? And what does the government really want them to do? If they decide to turn the tables, will their own secrets be exposed-and their lives erased like lines of bad code? Combining the scientific-based, propulsive narrative style of Michael Crichton with the eerie atmosphere and conspiracy themes of The X-Files and the imaginative, speculative edge of Neal Stephenson and William Gibson, Zer0es explores our deep-seated fears about government surveillance and hacking in an inventive fast-paced vel sure to earn Chuck Wendig the widespread acclaim he deserves.
- Author BiographyChuck Wendig is the author of the Miriam Black thrillers (which begin with Blackbirds) and numerous other works across books, comics, games, and more. A finalist for the John W. Campbell Award for Best New Writer and the cowriter of the Emmy-nominated digital narrative Collapsus, he is also known for his popular blog, terribleminds.com. He lives in Pennsylvania with his family.
- Author(s)Chuck Wendig
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication30/06/2016
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarper Voyager
- Weight229 g
- Width106 mm
- Height171 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsMass market (rack) paperback
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $96.76Trending at AU $98.23
- AU $11.67Trending at AU $16.69
- AU $17.23Trending at AU $21.15
- AU $23.98Trending at AU $27.20
- AU $11.39Trending at AU $14.23
- AU $18.80Trending at AU $25.91
- AU $10.57Trending at AU $14.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.