All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $94.99Trending at AU $106.80
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.51
- AU $104.90Trending at AU $118.13
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.21
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $106.06
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.61
About this product
- DescriptionThis photographic atlas, developed over twenty years of teaching in the field, expedites the work of the zooarchaeologist by integrating both osteology and wildlife ecology into a single volume. Zooarchaeology, the study of animal remains found at archaeological sites, is interdisciplinary in nature, requiring students and researchers to t only master the technical skills of identifying fragmentary bones and teeth but also of developing a deep understanding of the taxomy, natural history, behavior, and ecology of the species identified. Until w, these topics have always been treated separately. This book is the only field guide and laboratory manual to combine animal ecology and natural history with the detailed osteology of all the vertebrate classes (fishes, amphibians, birds, and mammals) and all the primary orders native to western North America. Skeletal images are shown at a variety of magnifications and views and are accompanied by photographs of the animals in their characteristic habitats.
- Author BiographyJack M. Broughton is a professor of anthropology at the University of Utah, USA, where he teaches archaeology, osteology, and zooarchaeology and holds an adjunct appointment in vertebrate zoology at the Natural History Museum of Utah. Shawn D. Miller is an associate instructor of biology at the University of Utah and will receive his PhD in Biological Anthropology at the end of 2015. He is a coauthor of the Atlas of Human Anatomy, the educational software Real Anatomy, and the Human Anatomy Interactive Atlas.
- Author(s)Jack M. Broughton,Shawn D. Miller
- PublisherUniversity of Utah Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication30/06/2016
- SubjectNatural History: General
- Place of PublicationSalt Lake City
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Utah Press,U.S.
- Content Note215 figures, 49 color plates, 2 tables
- Weight680 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.