Zoom!: How Everything Moves, from Atoms and Galaxies to Blizzards and Bees by Bob Berman (Paperback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $6.99+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by book_fountain
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSitting still in a quiet room, you might just be able to convince yourself that thing is moving. But air currents swirl about you. Blood rushes through your veins. The atoms in your chair jiggle furiously. And the planet you are on is whizzing through space 35 times faster than the speed of sound. In Zoom, Bob Berman takes a thrilling tour around the wondrous and myriad motions that shape every aspect of the universe. Spanning astromy, geology, biology, meteorology and history, he explains how clouds stay aloft, how the earth's rotation curves a ball's flight, how a mosquito's familiar whine is tuned to a perfect A sharp, how the day gets longer every century, and much more.
- Author BiographyBob Berman, one of America's top astronomy writers, contributed the popular Night Watchman column to Discover for seventeen years. He is the author of The Sun's Heartbeat and is currently a columnist for Astronomy, a host on Northeast Public Radio, and the science editor of the Old Farmer's Almanac. He lives in Willow, New York.
- Author(s)Bob Berman
- PublisherOneworld Publications
- Date of Publication02/10/2014
- SubjectPopular Science
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOneworld Publications
- Content Note20 black & white illustrations
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.24
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.23
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.52
- AU $28.11Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.00
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.46
- AU $14.43Trending at AU $21.85
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.