Redeem Your eBay Gift Card
Frequently Asked Questions
- When and where can I use an eBay Gift Card?
You can use your eBay Gift Card to pay for items listed on eBay.com.au where the seller accepts PayPal or credit/debit card.
- How do I find out how much money is on my eBay Gift Card?
Look up your eBay Gift Card balance using our online Gift Card Balance Checker.
- Do I need a PayPal account to use an eBay Gift Card?
No, you do not need a PayPal account to use an eBay Gift Card. Some eBay Gift Cards may refer to this as a requirement on the back of the card, however this requirement does not exist.
- Do I need an eBay account to use an eBay Gift Card?
You need an eBay account registered in Australia and an Australian postal address to use an eBay Gift Card. You can create an eBay account at any time.
- How do I pay with an eBay Gift Card?
To use your eBay Gift Card, enter the 13-digit redemption code at checkout.
- If you have a physical Gift Card, the redemption code is on the back of the card. Gently scratch off the security coating to see the redemption code.
- If you received a digital Gift Card through email, the redemption code can be found in the email.
- Please note, it can take up to 4 hours for your eBay Gift Card to be activated and ready to be redeemed.
- What if my order total is less than the amount of my eBay Gift Card?
After using your eBay Gift Card, any remaining balance is attached to your eBay account.
To redeem the remaining balance, enter your redemption code at checkout, and be sure you're using the same eBay account as your previous purchase.
- Why wasn't my eBay Gift Card accepted while paying for an item?
Here are a few things to check if your eBay Gift Card isn't accepted:
- Make sure that you have an eBay account registered in Australia and an Australian postal address.
- If you used your eBay Gift Card once before, make sure you're using the same eBay account as your previous purchase.
- Make sure there's money on your eBay Gift Card by checking your gift card balance.
- Make sure your eBay Gift Card has not expired.
- Make sure you are not exceeding the Gift Card time and threshold redemption limits.
- Only eight (8) incentive codes can be accepted per check-out transaction. These codes include eBay Gift Cards and coupons.
- An eBay Gift Card may not be used to purchase other eBay Gift Cards, third party gift cards, gift certificates, coupons, coins, paper money, virtual currency or items generally considered to be "bullion" (for example, gold, silver, and other precious metals in the form of coins, bars, or ingots). If you have any of these items in your cart when you're checking out, an eBay Gift Card cannot be applied.
- Are there restrictions on the use of eBay Gift Cards?
There are limits on redeeming eBay Gift Cards, including time and spending threshold limits. Additionally, eBay Gift Cards may not be used to buy other eBay Gift Cards, third party gift cards, gift certificates, coupons, coins, paper money, virtual currency, or items generally considered to be "bullion" (for example, gold, silver, and other precious metals in the form of coins, bars, or ingots). See the full terms and conditions.
- When do eBay Gift Cards expire?
eBay Gift Cards expire 3 years after the date of issue. Some eBay Gift Cards may refer to a 1 year expiry term, however, from 31 March 2018, all eBay Gift Cards will have a 3 year expiry term regardless of the expiry term stated on the card.
- Where can I get help if I'm having trouble redeeming my eBay Gift Card at checkout?
If you are having trouble redeeming your eBay Gift Card at checkout, see some additional troubleshooting steps or contact us.
- What if I return something I bought with an eBay Gift Card?
If you return an item you bought with an eBay Gift Card, the refund is credited back to your Gift Card.
- Is there a way to replace a lost eBay Gift Card?
Protect the Gift Card like cash. A lost, stolen or damaged Gift Card will only be replaced during the period for which it is valid if the Gift Card has never been used, and only with satisfactory proof of purchase and Gift Card number, where required by law.
- What are the terms and conditions of eBay Gift Cards and Gift Certificates?
eBay Gift Cards are non-refundable and cannot be redeemed for cash, unless required by law.
- How do I guard against fraudulent activity?
Treat your eBay Gift Card redemption code like cash. Never give or send your Gift Card redemption code to anyone. Your eBay Gift Card can only be redeemed at checkout on ebay.com.au. Do not provide your Gift Card redemption code to other websites that request eBay Gift Card redemption codes as payment.
- Can I use a promotional code when redeeming my gift card?
Yes, an eBay promotional code can also be used when redeeming an eBay gift card, subject to the terms and conditions of the promotion.