When you search, browse and interact on eBay and our affiliated websites, we'll use this information to make the ads you see on eBay more relevant to your interests.
In order to show customised ads we think you'll find interesting on and off our affiliated properties, we may use information you make available to us when you interact with our sites, content or services. You can opt out of these customised ads at any time.
Keep in mind that if you opt out of AdChoice, you'll still see ads, but they won't be tailored to your interests based on your eBay activity.
How AdChoice works
Advertisements – on and off eBay – that are part of the AdChoice program have an AdChoice link and icon. When you select the link or icon, you'll get more information about AdChoice, as well as options to specify your advertising preferences.
When you select the AdChoice link or icon, you’ll be able to access and read our User Privacy Notice in the pop-up window. If you can't see the pop-up, you might need to disable your pop-up blocker.
Opting in or out of AdChoice
Follow these steps to opt in or out of AdChoice customised ads:
- Go to our AdChoice - opens in new window or tab page.
- Toggle the switch at the top right-hand side to Yes or No.
If you select No, you'll no longer see customised ads in the browser you're currently using. If you use other browsers and devices to access the internet, you'll need to opt out on those browsers and devices as well.
Once you've opted out, you'll still see ads with the AdChoice link and icon, but the ads won't be customised for you.
You can also change your AdChoice preferences from My eBay. Here's how:
- From Site Preferences - opens in new window or tab, find Advertising Preferences under General Preferences, and select Show.
- Select Edit.
- If you'd like to continue receiving customised ads, select Yes, please use my information to show me relevant ads on eBay and other sites. If you don't want to receive customised ads, clear the box.
- Select Save.
Your AdChoice preferences stay on even if you are not signed in to eBay, unless you've deleted the cookies in your browser.
Specifying your AdChoice preferences from an ad
You can specify your AdChoice preferences using the link in an AdChoice ad. Here's how:
- Select the AdChoice link on an ad with the AdChoice icon. You'll see information about the ad and the advertiser's privacy practices.
- Select your options, such as whether you'd like to opt out of all personalised advertising, or just from that particular advertiser.
How your information is used and shared
We take your privacy very seriously, so we don't share any personally identifying information with any of our partners. We may work with other websites or ad networks to help bring you relevant ads, and these partners may also have access to some of the information we collect. We have controls in place designed to prevent them from identifying you.
You can request a copy of the data we hold about you at any time.