Your username or user ID is the unique name you chose when you created your eBay account. It's the name other eBay members see when you're buying or selling with them.
Whether you've simply forgotten your password and need to reset it, or want to make a change for security reasons, it's easy to change your eBay password. To protect your account though, we'll always first ask you to confirm your identity using email, text, phone call, or PayPal.
To change your password, select the button below and then follow these steps:
- Enter your email address or username and select Continue.
- Choose how you'd like to change your password:
- Email: We'll send you an email that should arrive within five minutes. Then click the button in the email, or copy and paste the link
- Text: We'll text a PIN to your mobile number. Enter the PIN you receive, then select Continue
- Phone call: We'll call you with a PIN. Enter it, then select Continue
- PayPal: We'll ask you to login to your PayPal account
- Enter your new password, and select Continue.
Both the email link and the PIN are valid for 24 hours from when we send them to you.
Remember to sign in with your new password in the eBay app as well.
You can also change your password in the Account section of My eBay:
- Go to Personal information - opens in new window or tab.
- Select Edit next to Password.
- Select Forgot your password? And then follow the same steps as above.
Before you change the password on your eBay account, we'll ask you to confirm your identity using email, text, phone call, or PayPal.
See other articles in:
You might also be interested in: