To ensure eBay users have a positive experience on eBay, we don't allow members to use threats, or language that we consider to be abusive or offensive.
What is the policy?
- It is strictly prohibited to engage in threats of bodily or physical harm or any kind of harassment using any method including by email, member to member messaging, on our public message boards (such as our discussion boards, groups, and other community areas) or within feedback comments
- If a member receives a threat, it should be reported to local law enforcement
- Hateful, obscene, offensive, profane, racist, sexual, defamatory, or violent language cannot be used in profiles, user IDs, chat rooms, discussion boards, member communication, eBay Claims, eBay Stores, Feedback, listings, product pages, collections, and any other areas of the site
- Items or products that contain profanity in the official title are allowed, as long as they follow these guidelines:
- CDs, DVDs or other media with titles that include language which may be considered to be profane are allowed on eBay as long as any profane words are part of the official title
- Adult Items that include language which may be considered to be profane as part of their official title or description must be listed in the Adult Only category
- Novelty items (shirts, hats, etc.) containing profanity may be listed if the profane word is blurred out completely in any images, and the majority of the word has been replaced with asterisks in the item listing
Activity that doesn't follow eBay policy could result in a range of actions including for example: administratively ending or cancelling listings, hiding or demoting all listings from search results, lowering seller rating, buying or selling restrictions, and account suspension. All fees paid or payable in relation to listings or accounts on which we take any action will not be refunded or otherwise credited to your account.
Why does eBay have this policy?
This policy protects members, and ensures eBay remains free of threats and language that may cause offence.