Customise your eBay Store
You'll find all the tools for managing your Store, and more, in Seller Hub. You can manage stock, put items on sale, organise your listings within custom categories, select items to feature and more.
You can find more about managing your store in the Seller Centre.
If you haven't opted into Seller Hub, you can do so when you select Manage my Store.
You can create your own unique Store categories and put items into two Store categories at a time at no extra charge.
Put your Store on holiday
If you need to take a break from your Store for any reason, you can put it on holiday and hide your fixed price listings so no one will be waiting for items you can't post on time.
You can also leave a note to let your buyers know when you'll be back, and turn on your out of office response to reply to anyone who messages you while you're gone.
Turning on your holiday settings and hiding your fixed price listings
Here's how to put your Store on holiday and hide your fixed price listings:
- In the Change settings - opens in new window or tab section of the Messages tab in My eBay, select Turn on under holiday settings.
- In the text box, enter a short note to your buyers advising that you're away.
- Tick the box beside Show people the date that you'll be back, and enter your return date.
- To hide your fixed price listings, tick the box beside Keep people from buying your fixed price listings while you're on holiday.
When you're ready to reopen your Store, simply select Turn off under holiday settings.
If you decide not to hide your fixed price listings, make sure you can still meet your stated handling and dispatch times. Consider extending the handling time on your listings — you can do this on the Active selling page on My eBay.
What to know about holiday settings
- You'll continue to be charged normal fees (such as your eBay Store subscription fee and listing-related fees) while holiday settings are on
- It can take several days for your listings to become hidden after you update your Store holiday setting
- When your holiday settings are on, they remain in effect until you turn them off
- When you turn your holiday settings off, it can take several days for your listings to appear in search results
What to know about hiding your fixed price listings
- When you hide your fixed price listings, buyers won't see them in your eBay Store, search results, or cross-promotions. If a buyer added your item to their watch list, they'll that you're on holiday if they try to purchase it
- All auction-style and other listings will continue to appear as they normally do
- Buyers who have already purchased items will still be able to view them
- All other details of your fixed price listings stay the same. For example, listings can expire if they aren't scheduled to be automatically renewed or relisted
- Your fixed price listings remain hidden until you turn off this option in your holiday settings
Turning on your out of office email response
When you turn on your out of office email response, your fixed price listings will still be visible. If you'd like to hide them while you're gone, make sure you turn on your holiday settings by following the instructions above.
Here's how to turn on your out of office response:
- In the Change settings - opens in new window or tab section of the Messages tab in My eBay, select Turn on under Out of office email response.
- Enter your start and end dates. These are the dates during which your out of office email response will be sent to customers who message you.
- Enter the reply you'd like to send customers who message you. Consider including your return date and when they can expect to hear from you.