You can join eBay Plus - opens in new window or tab for just $4.99 a month, or $49 a year. If you're new to eBay Plus, you can try it for 30 days absolutely free.
If you're already an eBay Plus member, you'll find all your membership details in our eBay Plus member hub - opens in new window or tab.
eBay Plus membership benefits
Here's what you get with an eBay Plus membership:
- Access to exclusive offers and discounts
- Free delivery benefits on eBay Plus items – free upgrade to express delivery on items sent to a metro address, and free standard delivery to other areas.
- Free returns on eBay Plus items – if your item's the wrong size or you simply don't like it, you can send it back for free.
- $25 HOYTS LUX tickets - opens in new window or tab on Tuesdays
To make sure you don't miss out on our offers, keep an eye on the eBay Plus deals - opens in new window or tab page, and make sure you're subscribed to receive marketing emails - opens in new window or tab from us.
As an eBay Plus member, you get free express delivery to metro addresses - opens in new window or tab on nearly all eBay Plus orders, and free standard delivery everywhere else in Australia.
When buying an eBay Plus item, you'll see the free express upgrade once you've confirmed your delivery address at checkout. If your order doesn't qualify for free express delivery, you'll still benefit from free standard delivery.
Exclusions – free express delivery upgrade
- We're not able to offer a free express delivery upgrade in some categories, because the items are generally oversized and/or require special handling. Examples include alcohol, batteries, furniture, whiteware, power tools, landscaping supplies, musical instruments, sporting equipment and vehicles. Download full list of categories excluded from free express upgrade - opens in new window or tab
- Only delivery addresses in a metro area are eligible for the free express delivery upgrade. See full list of postcodes eligible for free express upgrade - opens in new window or tab
- Items from the following sellers are excluded from the free express delivery upgrade: big-w-online - opens in new window or tab, myer_store_official - opens in new window or tab, danmurphys_au - opens in new window or tab, babybunting - opens in new window or tab, binglee - opens in new window or tab, supercheapauto - opens in new window or tab, bbqgalore - opens in new window or tab, petersofkensington - opens in new window or tab, beacon-lighting - opens in new window or tab and thegoodguysaustralia - opens in new window or tab. These sellers offer a free Click & Collect option in case you need your order quickly.
Exclusions – free delivery benefit
You'll have to pay the seller's specified postage costs if:
- You choose international postage
- You choose an express delivery option, but the item and/or delivery address isn't eligible for a free express upgrade
- You buy an item without an eBay Plus badge
Use the button below to start your eBay Plus membership. We'll ask you to choose your preferred plan (monthly or annual) and add a payment method. New members get a free 30-day trial.Join eBay Plus - opens in new window or tab
eBay Plus membership fees
When you join eBay Plus, you can choose the membership plan that suits you:
- Monthly eBay Plus membership: $4.99 per month
- Annual eBay Plus membership: $49 per year
We'll charge your membership fee when you sign up, or on the first day after your free 30-day trial period (if applicable). After that, your membership is renewed automatically each month or each year, depending on your plan.
If you want to change or cancel your membership, make sure you do so before your next payment date to avoid being charged when your plan renews. You'll still receive eBay Plus benefits for the remainder of your membership period.
You can check your next payment date, view your invoice, and edit your payment details on your eBay Plus membership page - opens in new window or tab.
To find items where you can use your Plus benefits, just look out for the eBay Plus badge. You can also use the eBay Plus filter in search results to show only eBay Plus listings.
Once you join eBay Plus, you can also access our member-only mega deals and exclusive sales. To make sure you don't miss out, keep an eye on our eBay Plus deals - opens in new window or tab page and subscribe to receive marketing emails from us - opens in new window or tab.See eBay Plus deals and offers - opens in new window or tab
eBay Plus orders are covered by eBay Money Back Guarantee (normal eBay Money Back Guarantee terms and conditions apply), and if you need any help with your purchase, our customer service team is available 7 days a week.
You can return any eBay Plus order for free within 30 days. We'll provide you with a return postage label, then you just need to drop the parcel off.
Here's what to do:
- Find the item in your Purchase history - opens in new window or tab and select Return this item.
- Choose the reason you're returning the item and select Request return.
- We'll take you through printing a free return label. If you're unable to print a free return label, please contact us.
- Print the label (normal A4 paper is fine) and tape it to the package. Make sure you've wrapped the item well.
- Drop the item off, then mark it as sent in the return request.
The return is tracked, so you and the seller can see where it's got to. Once the seller gets the item back, they'll give you your money back.
FAQ about returning an eBay Plus order
Returns are free for all eBay Plus orders, regardless of the reason for the return.
Even if the seller's return policy normally states that buyers pay for return postage, as an eBay Plus member, you can return it for free. You'll still need to indicate why you want to return the item (e.g. "Changed my mind").
On some items (e.g. oversize items), we won't be able to supply a free return label within our return flow, and we'll ask you to contact us.
If you need to return an order that wasn't an eBay Plus item, or return an eBay Plus item after your eBay Plus membership has ended, the seller's normal return policy applies.
If you're returning an item because you changed your mind, you must return it in the same condition as you received it. You must also include, in the same condition as it was received:
- All packaging such as boxes, bags and tags
- Accessories such as cords and remotes
- Certificates, manuals and warranty cards
- "Free gifts" or bonus items
- All items included in a bundle
If you've used an item and found it to be faulty, you can request a return and may have other rights such as a right of repair, replacement or refund. More about your legal right to return goods - opens in new window or tab.
For most eBay Plus items, you can request a return within 30 days of receipt. If the seller offers 60-day returns, you can return it for free within 60 days.
If you need any help – for example, the seller doesn't want to accept your return request – our customer service team is always ready to step in.
Once you've started your return, it's important to send the item back promptly using the label provided. Check the email we sent to your Messages - opens in new window or tab with the subject "Send the item back" for the date by which you should post it.
If there's a delay, contact the seller via the return request to see if they're still willing to accept your return. Our customer service team is always ready to step in if you need any help.
If you've missed the seller's return window, you can still open a return request and ask the seller if they're willing to accept a late return. Our customer service team is always ready to step in if you need any help.
If you need to, you can reprint the return postage label. You can only use the return label to send one package, though.
Depending on the listing, you can return one item or multiple items. To learn more, read our article on returning items for a refund.
If some items in your order weren't eBay Plus items, you'll need to return these separately, and the seller's normal return policy will apply.
Once you've opened a return request, please contact us for assistance with returning the item. We may supply you with a return postage label or make arrangements to reimburse you for return postage costs.
Once the item is delivered to the seller, your refund should be processed within 3 business days. Your refund will be sent to your original payment method and funds are usually available within 3-5 business days. If you paid using Afterpay, Afterpay will refund your card and/or adjust your repayment plan accordingly.
If the seller hasn't sent your refund 3 business days after tracking shows the item was delivered back to them, follow up with the seller via the return request. If you can't resolve the issue with the seller, you can ask eBay to step in and help.
If you received a refund that's less than what you paid for the item, please contact us and we'll look into it for you.
You can check the details of your eBay Plus membership at any time, including whether you have a monthly or annual membership, your next payment date and your payment method.View eBay Plus membership - opens in new window or tab
Change or update your payment method
To update your payment method for eBay Plus membership fees:
- Go to your eBay Plus membership page - opens in new window or tab.
- Select Edit membership.
- Select Change payment method.
Change your eBay Plus membership type
If you want to change your membership type (for example, from annual to monthly), you'll need to cancel your existing eBay Plus membership. Once your current membership period has expired, you can sign up again and choose your preferred plan.
Cancel your eBay Plus membership
You can cancel your eBay Plus membership at any time. Here's how:
- Go to your eBay Plus membership page - opens in new window or tab.
- Select Edit membership.
- Select Cancel membership.
If you change your mind and want to sign up again - opens in new window or tab, you'll just need to choose your preferred membership plan and provide a payment method.
Fee refunds and eBay Plus benefits when you cancel your membership
- If you cancel during your free trial period: You won't be charged any membership fees. You'll still receive all eBay Plus benefits until 30 days after you signed up for the eBay Plus trial.
- If you cancel after paying the membership fee: You won't be charged on your next renewal date. You'll still receive all eBay Plus benefits until the renewal date.
If you forgot to cancel your annual eBay Plus membership before it was renewed, you can contact us within 14 days of your payment date to cancel your membership and receive a refund. This only applies to annual memberships that were renewed automatically, and your eBay Plus benefits will end when we process your request.
Note: eBay may cancel your eBay Plus membership, terminate your benefits and block future re-subscriptions if eBay finds you have violated the eBay Plus Terms and Conditions - opens in new window or tab – for example, by using eBay Plus for business purposes.