Buyers who are members of eBay Plus get a range of benefits when shopping on eBay, such as a free upgrade to express delivery to metro addresses and free returns on most eBay Plus items, and exclusive member-only deals.
eBay Plus seller benefits
We clearly highlight eligible listings with an eBay Plus badge in search results and at checkout. Buyers also use the eBay Plus toggle on our search page to shop for eBay Plus items.
Listings with an eBay Plus badge also benefit from inclusion in member-only promotions and sales events.
For more information on how to get the most out of eBay Plus, you can also read our Seller Centre article on eBay Plus - opens in new window or tab.
When an eBay Plus member buys an item from your eBay Plus listing, they'll get a free upgrade to express delivery if they're in a metro area (some category exclusions apply).
To help sellers with the additional costs of express postage, eBay contributes up to $2.50 for items up to $15, and up to $4 for items over $15. For example, on an item over $15, if you're charging $2 for the express upgrade, we'll cover $2. If you're charging $7, we'll cover $4.
If an eBay Plus order includes multiple items, the express postage contribution is applied once per SKU, rather than per item, with a maximum of 2 contribution amounts per order. For example:
- On an order for 3 identical printer cartridges, we'll cover up to $4
- On an order for 2 identical cartridges and a mouse, we'll cover up to $8
- On an order for 2 identical printer cartridges, 1 mouse and 1 USB stick, we'll cover up to $8
The express postage contribution is applied automatically when the buyer pays for their order, and for many sellers this will cover the cost of the express upgrade.
Make sure you are using an express service when sending your eBay Plus orders to metro areas. If the tracking uploaded for an eBay Plus order indicates that it was not actually sent with an express service when it should have been, eBay will reverse the express postage contribution – meaning you'll be charged for the amount eBay had contributed for that order.
To enable the eBay Plus badge, you need to meet a range of both seller performance and listing criteria.
You can choose to meet eBay Plus criteria on some or all of your listings. You can use business policies and postage rate tables - opens in new window or tab to help you specify postage costs and return policies and apply them to listings in bulk.
eBay Plus criteria
Postage and returns
Tracking & delivery performance
Your performance will be monitored on a fortnightly basis and the eBay Plus badge may be temporarily removed from your listings until you are able to meet these requirements.
Note: eBay may exempt sellers from one or more of these criteria, or remove sellers from participation in eBay Plus at its absolute discretion.
*Free domestic postage
- Free postage to most regions within Australia, with no additional charge for multiple items.
- You can charge for postage to certain remote/regional postcodes - opens in new window or tab, as well as external territories (Norfolk Island, Antarctic Bases, Christmas Island, Cocos (Keeling) Island). If you do so, buyers in these areas will still see the eBay Plus badge on your listing, but will have to pay for postage.
- You may exclude PO Boxes if your carrier doesn't deliver there.
- Listings with an "Untracked Letter" service as the only free postage option are not eligible for eBay Plus.
**Express postage option to metro areas
- Required if your free postage option isn't an express service.
- Not required in categories where items are generally oversized and/or require special handling. Examples include alcohol, batteries, furniture, whiteware, power tools, landscaping supplies, musical instruments, sporting equipment and vehicles. For full details, download the list of categories where an express option is not required - opens in new window or tab.
- "Reasonably priced" means you should only charge buyers the upgrade cost from standard to express postage. (For example, if your carrier charges $6 for standard postage and $10 for express, then you should only charge the buyer $4 for express postage.) There is a $15 maximum express postage cost for badge eligibility.
***Accept 30+ day returns
- Your listing's return policy indicates you accept returns within either 30 or 60 days.
- Not required on items which can't be returned for hygiene or safety reasons. Download the list of categories we consider non-returnable - opens in new window or tab
- You don't have to offer free returns (i.e. seller pays return postage), but we recommend it because it's great customer service and will help encourage all shoppers to buy from you – not just eBay Plus members.
eBay Plus is about making shopping easier for loyal eBay buyers. With that in mind, we speed up the returns process for eBay Plus orders.
eBay Plus buyers still need to open a return request and indicate the reason for their return. We then automatically accept their return request and give them a return postage label straight away. So all you need to do is check the item when it arrives back and issue their refund.
If your item is in a non-returnable category - opens in new window or tab, the buyer won't be able to open a return for 'change of mind' reasons, but they will still be able to request a return if an item is faulty, damaged or doesn't match the listing description.
Make sure your return address - opens in new window or tab is up to date.
If you're responsible for return postage (because you offer free returns, or if the buyer's returning an item because it's faulty, damaged or doesn't match the listing), the postage cost for the return label will be deducted from your sales proceeds or charged to your on-file payment method.
For more information about returns, see our article on handling returns as a seller.
An eBay Plus badge on your listing indicates to all buyers that you deliver a great shopping experience, including free delivery and accepting returns. For more information on how eBay Plus helps you stand out and the benefits for sellers, we encourage you to read our Seller Centre article on eBay Plus - opens in new window or tab.
To opt out specific listings, simply adjust your postage or returns options so that the listing doesn't meet our criteria for an eBay Plus badge.
If you do not wish to have any of your listings included in eBay Plus, please contact us.