Paying for items with PayPal on eBay is simple and secure. It's also the payment method most commonly accepted by our sellers.
If you prefer not to use PayPal, credit and debit card payments are often accepted by sellers.
Here's how to pay for an eBay purchase using a card:
- On the checkout page, choose Credit or debit card, and enter your card details.
- Select Remember this card for future orders if you'd like us to save the card details.
- Review your order, including postage. Then select Confirm and pay.
Updating a saved credit or debit card
You can update your credit or debit card information at any time:
- Go to the Account - opens in new window or tab section of My eBay, then select Personal Information.
- In the Financial Information section, under Checkout saved payment methods, select Edit next to the credit or debit card you want to change.
- Enter your updated information, and select Continue.
- After reading the Credit or Debit Card Usage Agreement, choose Authorise credit card or Authorise debit card.
You can pay with a credit or debit card for any item where a seller accepts PayPal.
Paying with two cards on eBay
When you're buying an item on eBay, payment must come from a single card. However, you can add multiple cards to your PayPal account, and then transfer funds from different cards to your balance. Learn more about using PayPal on eBay.
Accepted credit cards
If you're paying with a credit or debit card in eBay checkout, you can use Visa, MasterCard and Amex. Some sellers may decide to accept a more limited selection of cards. The listing will show which payment methods a seller accepts, but contact the seller if you have any questions.
You can pay for most items on eBay using a credit or debit card, including Visa, MasterCard and Amex.
See other articles in:
You might also be interested in: