To make sure eBay is a safe marketplace for our members, we’ve made it easy for buyers to report listings that may violate our policies. Additionally, if you have an issue with a seller, you can let us know and we’ll look into it, too.
There are different ways to contact a seller on eBay, and they depend on whether or not you've already bought an item from them.
Contacting a seller before you buy an item
Not all sellers accept questions before you buy an item. For those that do, here's how to get in touch:
- Near the bottom of their listing, select Ask a question
- On the Find answers page, choose the topic that best matches your question
- If you can't find a solution to your question, select Contact the seller
- Enter the topic and your question for the seller
- Select Send a copy to my email address if you'd like to keep a copy of the message
- Enter the verification code shown and select Send
Make sure your contact information is up to date so sellers are able to get in touch after a purchase.
Contacting a seller after you buy an item
To contact a seller after you've bought from them:
- Go to Purchase history - opens in new window or tab and select the item
- Select Contact seller
See other articles in:
You might also be interested in: