Our best sellers earn an eBay Premium Service and/or an eBay Plus badge, which means they've provided a great experience for their buyers:
- An eBay Premium Service badge on the listing page means the seller consistently delivers outstanding customer service and offers specific postage and returns options, such as free postage to Australian buyers and 30+ day money back returns.
- An eBay Plus badge in search results and on the listing page means that the seller delivers a great shopping experience, including free domestic postage, an express delivery option and 30+ day returns. And if you're an eBay Plus member, you'll benefit even more, with a free upgrade to express delivery to metro addresses - opens in new window or tab and free return postage.
How Feedback scores work
When you buy an item on eBay, you can rate your experience with the seller. The ratings you give are then added to the seller's overall Feedback, and detailed seller rating scores.
A seller's Feedback score is displayed as a percentage beneath their username on their listings. If a seller has a score of 99.5%, it means that 99.5% of their buyers left positive Feedback about their experience with that seller.
To read comments from previous buyers, select the number in brackets next to the seller's username to go to their Feedback profile. Use the search box at the top to see Feedback the seller has received about a particular item or type of item.
As well as the percentage Feedback score, you'll also see a seller's star rating – the number in brackets next to their username. This shows how many buyers have left Feedback for a seller. The more buyers who have rated their experience with a seller, the more assured you can be of getting great service.
A silver shooting star in a seller's star rating means they've received positive Feedback over 1 million times.
How detailed seller ratings work
For a more detailed view of a seller's performance, you can view a breakdown of how buyers have rated that seller in the following areas:
- Item description – How accurately was it described?
- Communication – Did the seller communicate well with their buyer?
- Postage time – How quickly did the seller post the item?
- Postage and handling charges – Were the costs reasonable?
To view a seller's detailed seller ratings, go to their Feedback profile by selecting the number in brackets next to their username. Here you'll find stars next to the four different areas, with 1 star being the lowest rating and 5 stars being the highest.