There are different ways to contact a seller on eBay, and they depend on whether or not you've already bought an item from them.
You can find the best and most reputable sellers on eBay by looking at their seller rating, Feedback score, and the number of items they've sold.
How Feedback scores and seller ratings work
When you buy an item on eBay, you can rate your experience with the seller. The ratings you give are then added to the seller's overall Feedback, and detailed seller rating scores.
You can view a seller's Feedback score on their listings beneath their username – it's displayed as a percentage. If a seller has a score of 99.5%, it means that 99.5% of their buyers left positive Feedback about their experience with that seller.
As well as the percentage feedback score, you'll also see a seller's star rating – the number in brackets next to their username. This shows how many buyers have left Feedback for a seller. The more buyers who have rated their experience with a seller, the more assured you can be of getting great service.
A silver shooting star in a seller's star rating means they've received positive Feedback over 1 million times.
For a more detailed view of a seller's performance, you can also view their detailed seller rating. This is a breakdown of how buyers have rated that seller in the following areas:
- Item description – How accurately it was described
- Communication – Did the seller communicate well with their buyer?
- Postage time – How quickly the seller posted the item
- Postage and handling charges – Were the costs reasonable?
To view a seller’s detailed seller ratings, go to their Feedback profile by selecting the number in brackets next to their username. Here you'll find stars next to the four different areas, with 1 star being the lowest rating and 5 stars being the highest.
Types of eBay sellers
Our best sellers earn Top Rated and Premium Service status, which means they've provided a great experience for their buyers:
- Top Rated Sellers consistently deliver outstanding customer service. Members can become Top Rated Sellers whether they sell a little or a lot, provided they meet our highest levels of customer service. Top Rated Sellers also become eligible to receive the eBay Premium Service badge on their listings
- eBay Premium Service sellers are Top Rated Sellers who offer specific postage and returns options, e.g. free postage to Australian buyers and 30+ day money back returns. Their listings will display an eBay Premium Service badge
When you buy an item on eBay, you can rate your experience with the seller. The rating you give is then added to the seller's overall Feedback score.
See other articles in:
You might also be interested in: