To go to your Messages, select the button below.
You can always view your eBay Messages by signing in to My eBay and selecting Messages - opens in new window or tab. You'll also find a number of features to help you organise and keep track of your communications:
- You can filter your messages from members or from eBay, as well as flag high priority messages
- If you'd like to create folders to organise your messages, select Add a folder +, enter a name for your folder, and select Save
- If you have any unread messages, you'll see a number in brackets on the Messages tab
How to message a member on eBay
How you send a message to another eBay member will depend on whether you've already done business with them:
- If the member is someone you haven't transacted with before, you can select Contact from the member's profile page. To find a profile page, simply click on a member's username
- If you've bid on, bought from, or sold to the member, you can use My eBay to contact them. Find the member's item in My eBay - opens in new window or tab, and from the More actions menu, select Contact seller or Contact buyer. Type your message and select Send
We'll send your message to both the member's eBay Messages inbox as well as their personal email address. You can choose to send a copy to your registered email address too.
Sellers sometimes provide answers to commonly asked questions. We may display this information for you before providing you with a direct contact link.
How to change your email settings
You can change how your messages are displayed and archived by going to Messages - opens in new window or tab and selecting Change settings on the top right of the page. Once you've entered your settings, select Apply.
You can also choose to display an email signature or out of office response.
Here's how to add a signature to any of the messages you send:
- In the Email Signature section, select Show signature.
- Enter your signature in the text box.
- If you have an eBay Store, you can also add your Store logo by selecting the Add my store logo check box.
- Select Apply.
To remove a signature, select Don't show signature in the Email Signature section.
Here's how to send out-of-office replies:
- In the Out of office email response section, select Turn on, and enter a Start Date and End Date. When you want to turn out-of-office replies off, simply select Turn off.
- Enter a message to send to your customers while you're away.
- Select Apply.
When the out-of-office reply is on, you see an alert when you visit your Messages inbox.
Remember, turning on your Out of office email response does not hide or pause your active listings - buyers will still be able to bid on and buy items from you as usual.