You may be eligible for fee credits in the following circumstances:
Credits for refunds and cancelled orders
In these situations:
Note: For transactions where eBay performed currency conversion and a refund is issued within 120 days of the original transaction, the exchange rate used at the time of the original transaction will apply.
You are not eligible for fee credits in any of the following situations:
- You refund the buyer outside of eBay (using PayPal to send money, for instance)
- You issued a partial refund to the buyer
- You or the buyer asked us to step in, and the case was closed with a refund to the buyer
If you qualify for a fee credit, the credit will be added to your Available funds, and may be used to pay for any selling costs that are normally funded from your funds awaiting payout. You can see the fee credit details on your eBay financial statement.
Listing fee credits
It's generally free to list items in auction-style or fixed price format on eBay.com.au.
Listing fees only apply in the following circumstances:
- You exceed the number of free listings per month
- Your registration address is outside Australia
- You choose an optional listing feature
- You list in a category that is excluded from free listings
- You list using Classified Ad format
These fees are non-refundable once charged, even if your item doesn't sell or you remove the feature from your listing.
Follow the links below to review terms and conditions for eBay fees:
- Selling fees without an eBay Store
- eBay Stores selling fees
- eBay Stores fees for registered businesses
- Fees for selling a vehicle on eBay Motors
Credits for removed listings
If we have to remove one of your listings, you may receive a fee credit, depending on the reason for the listing removal.
If the listing was removed because an unauthorised person used your account, we'll automatically credit any listing fees and final value fees associated with the unauthorised activity.
If the listing was removed because it violated one of our policies, we may decide to credit some or all fees depending on the circumstances. This will be determined on a case-by-case basis and we will take any previous policy violations into account.