Credits for refunds and unpaid items
Final value fees are charged when your item sells. However, you may be eligible for fee credits in the following circumstances:
|For sellers not activated for eBay managed payments|
In these situations:
If the buyer still hasn't paid, you can close an unpaid item case after 4 days to receive a final value fee credit.
|For managed payments sellers|
In these situations:
Note: For managed payments transactions where eBay performed currency conversion and a refund is issued within 120 days of the original transaction, the exchange rate used at the time of the original transaction will apply.
You are not eligible for fee credits in any of the following situations:
- You refund the buyer outside of eBay (using PayPal to send money, for instance)
- You issued a partial refund to the buyer
- You or the buyer asked us to step in, and the case was closed with a refund to the buyer
Insertion fee credits
In some circumstances, you may be eligible for an insertion fee credit for your relisted items.
If you relist your item because it didn't sell the first time around or a transaction has fallen through, you may qualify for an insertion fee credit. We'll automatically credit your account for the insertion fee associated with the relisting, if your listing meets all of the following conditions:
- Your item sells after you've relisted it.
- Both your original listing and relisting are in the same format (auction-style or fixed price). Listings using the Classified Ads format don't qualify for insertion fee credits.
- You relist your item using our tool instead of copying and pasting your original listing into a new listing.
- You relist within 90 days of the original listing ending.
- It's the first manual relisting of your item.
- Your starting price isn't higher than the price in the original listing.
- You haven't added a reserve price to the relisting.
Credits for removed listings
If we have to remove one of your listings, you may receive a credit for any insertion and final value fees. However, this depends on the reason for the listing removal.
If the listing was removed because an unauthorised person used your account, we'll automatically credit both the insertion and final value fees.
If we remove your listing because of a policy violation, your eligibility for a fee credit will depend on the situation and will take into account any previous policy violations.
Fee credits for removed listings will be credited to your account once a month, so you might have to wait until your next invoice to see the credit.
Requesting a refund of your eBay fees credit balance
If you have a credit balance, you can either leave this credit in your account and use it towards future fees, or you can request a refund and we'll send you the money. You can only request a refund if you are not an activated eBay managed payments seller.
Here's how to request a refund of your credit balance:
- Verify that you have a credit balance on your account. To see your account balance, go to your Seller account - opens in new window or tab page. A credit balance appears as a negative number on your account status and monthly invoices.
- Make sure that your contact information - opens in new window or tab, including your address, is up to date.
- Contact us to request a refund on your credit balance.
We'll issue your refund to the payment method where the payment originated. For example, if you made the payment with a credit card, your refund will go to that card. If the payment was made using more than one payment method, you can choose where to send your refund. Refunds are usually processed within 30 days.