Setting up your auction-style listing
You can list your auctions for 1, 3, 5, 7 or 10 days. A 1-day auction is designed for items that need to be sold quickly because they're time-sensitive, such as event tickets.
Unsold auctions may be automatically relisted.
Set a starting price in the Choose a format and price section of the quick listing form - opens in new window or tab. If you use the advanced listing form - opens in new window or tab, you'll enter the starting price in the Selling details section.
- A low starting price can help attract bidders.
- You can add a Buy It Now price to an auction listing, and it will be shown until the first bid is placed. The Buy It Now price has to be at least 30% higher than the auction starting price.
- If you're selling a vehicle, you can add a reserve price to make sure you get the price you want for your item.
- To help make sure your item sells, you can select the Easy pricing option in the quick listing form. We'll automatically lower your price each time your item is auto-relisted, and notify any interested buyers.
Fees for auction-style listings
- You get some free listings each month, so you may not have to pay an insertion fee. (Exclusions apply.)
- If you're a non-business seller, automatic relists are free
- You'll be charged a final value fee after the sale.
- There are also fees for optional listing upgrades and supplemental services.